Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy National Donor Day

We didn't hear anything from Marian or anyone else at the transplant center today. Well, at least I don't think so. You see, I got to talk to Jeanne for all of about 39 seconds this evening in the parking lot of the Dialysis center where we met to transfer kids after I picked up TJ from his basketball game. That gave us just enough time for a quick kiss and a short discussion to decide who was getting which vehicle and not much else. I assume she would have mentioned something if we had gotten any news. Not exactly a romantic Valentine's day for us this year. However, today is also National Donor Day. As such, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all of the altruistic living kidney donors out there, including whomever kicked off the kidney chain we are part of, and Laura, author of the excellent blog All You Need Is One.

No comments: