Monday, July 30, 2007

the math

Muscular dystrophy affects 50,000 Americans. The MDA collected $186 million last year - $3720 per person with MD.

Cystic fibrosis affects 30,000 Americans. The cystic fibrois foundation collected $143 million last year - $4766 per person with cystic fibrosis.

Polycystic kidney disease affects 600,000 Americans. The PKD foundation collected $11 million last year - $18 per person with PKD.

I guess that's part of why I feel so strongly about spreading the word about PKD.

2 comments:

RuthWells said...

Bob, this is stunning, and precisely the message that I've been pushing, but without the math behind it. Thanks for doing the calculations. If you don't mind, I'm going to link to you on my blog -- thanks for putting us up on your site, as well! When I get a little breathing room, I look forward to catching up with your blog.

Bob said...

Thanks for linking, Ruth. Hope the cookie sales are continuing to go well!