Saturday, October 31, 2009

a soggy Halloween

Happy Halloween, everybody! It was another fun night of trick-or-treating for the Sayah boys (all four of us :-)). Jason went as Mario from the Nintendo games. As usual, Jeanne did a great job of pulling together the costume.



Brian and I went as Elmer and Boris the Dragon from the book My Father's Dragon. Jeanne got off easy here, as these costumes were still sitting in the crawlspace from 8 or so years ago, when TJ and I went out in these costumes. I just had to make some new wings for the dragon this afternoon.



I don't think these books as very widely known, as noone could name who Brian and I were. But, if you have kids in early grammer school, I highly recommend you find these books for them. And if they really get into them they way all of my kids have, we've got some costumes you can borrow next year!

TJ wasn't going to go out trick-or-treating this year, but at the last minute he changed his mind and joined us. He pulled together a costume using a mask and some props from his school play last year, where he played the role of the Executioner.



Here's one more picture that was just too cute to not post.



After about forty-five minutes of trick-or-treating in the light rain, it started to fall more heavily, and we all started to get pretty soggy. My wings collapsed and I could feel my tail starting to get really heavy from all of the puddles it was getting dragged through. Brian's backpack (which was a cereal box covered with brown paper) got wet and then the shoulder straps fell off. So, we headed back home (without too much complaining) and spent the rest of the night greeting the trick-or-treaters coming to our door. Seems like the rain led to a lighter turnout than usual. Time to go turn off the lights and call it a night!

No comments: