Saturday, June 14, 2008

busy, busy, busy

Well, my blogging has sure fallen off lately, hasn't it. It's a lot easier to find the time to blog when the weather isn't so nice. And, when I'm not trying to get a bedroom repainted and a basement finished (despite a sore arm). And when things at work aren't quite so busy, etc. etc.

The planning and preparing for the walk continues. On the corporate sponsorship front, I was able to obtain some certificates for a free tour and wine tasting from Millbrook Winery which we can either use for raffle prizes or "team week" prizes.

I'm also attempting to organize a group outing/fundraiser to the Hudson Valley Renegades for August 17th.

And, now it is time to start turning my attention to media and PR for the event. I attended a conference call on the subject the other night which was hosted by the PKD Foundation. It provided a lot of useful information. Between that, and all of the advice that Diane, our Public Relations Chair, has given me, I feel like I have an idea of what I need to do here - maybe....

I'm told the walk website will be up in the next week or two. Soon, after that, Team Teddy Bear 2008 will be open for business. I know TJ is chomping at the bit to start his fundraising.

That's all for now - gotta go grab some breakfast and get dressed. Brian and Jason have soccer in about an hour.

No comments: