Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

... a couple of days late.

Things I am thankful for:

Jeanne - for more that two decades of love, friendship, companionship and support. There is noone I'd rather go through life with.

My parents - for their guidance and example, and for always being there in our times of need.

My kids - for providing the perspective of a child to my life and for calling me "Dad"

Susie - for her generous kidney donation - a gift that can never be equaled

Beth and Kateri - for also being willing to donate

my job - as it gives me the opportunity to provide a good life to my family and the medical insurance that we'd probably be broke without.

the PKD Foundation - for leading the way in support for those dealing with PKD

my brothers and sister - it's rare that four siblings get along as well as we do.

holidays - for giving us an excuse to step aside from our busy lives and spend time with those we love

friends and neighbors - who have provided us with all sorts of help over the years

kidney transplants - without the kidney transplant, it's hard to imagine what my life would be today.

doctors - we've been blessed to have many good ones over the years

a good night's sleep - the rare times I get one, it's amazing how refreshing it can be!

No comments: